Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo is looking for a Patent Agent with a Ph.D. in the biological sciences to join their San Francisco office. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of experience. Patent Agents work under the supervision and guidance of partners in our Intellectual Property section and perform a variety of patent-related activities, primarily in the areas of patent prosecution, freedom to operate analysis, and due diligence work.
- Ph.D. degree in the biological life science areas (bioinformatics, data science and machine learning are a plus but not required)
- 5+ years of patent prosecution experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze scientific papers and/or patent references and present ideas, legal and scientific reasoning and conclusions in both verbal and written format.
- Demonstrate skills to present scientific concepts, analysis/reasoning, and conclusions to wide audiences, including scientists and non-scientists.
- Ability to multi-task by working with different clients and different projects.
- Collaborate with colleagues on various projects. Adapt effectively in different team environments.
Cover Letter, Writing Sample(s), Transcript(s) when they APPLY ONLINE
Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C. is a general practice, full service Am Law 100 law firm employing approximately 500 attorneys serving clients worldwide. We are headquartered at One Financial Center in Boston’s Financial District and have additional US offices in Los Angeles, New York City, San Diego, San Francisco, and Washington, DC, as well as an office in London and a strong international practice.
Mintz was founded in 1933 by Haskell Cohn and Benjamin Levin. The firm’s Managing Member is Robert I. Bodian. Our collaborative attorneys work within four core practice areas — Transactional, Intellectual Property, Litigation & Investigations, and Regulatory & Advisory – and combine legal, business, and industry insight to provide exceptional legal strategies for clients in a variety of industries.